Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Apr 10, 2018 Views: 554
Answered By: Reference Staff
Last Updated: Apr 10, 2018 Views: 554
You will not be able to place a request on an item if:
- You already have the maximum number of requests on your Sonoma County Library card of 25. More information can be found in our policy on requests and holds.
- The call number, location, or status information indicates "No holds permitted."
- Reference Collections. Reference works in Sonoma, Lake, and Mendocino libraries. To use these works speak with a librarian.
- "Lucky Day" copies are exempt from being requested. A few copies of each new title may be assigned as walk-in copies, so that some of the new titles will almost always be available when you visit the library. If you want one of these titles and it is checked in at a library branch, the best way to get it is to go to the library right away.
- Bookmobile of the Mendocino Public Library does not allow any title to be placed on hold/requested.
- Any title with the 'status' of: missing, lost, trace, mending, mending at branch,or bindery.
- A catalog record with no holdings/copies attached. Indicates that either; this title is no longer in the collection, or this title is 'new' to the collection and has no holdings/copies in the record yet. Once a 'new' title has copies with an 'on order' status, you can place a hold.