Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Feb 20, 2019 Views: 71
After working with the Axis 360 platform for over a year, we concluded that OverDrive is simply a better platform for our patrons. Here are some of the reasons behind the move:
- OverDrive eliminates usability issues that affected certain devices on the Axis platform.
- The Libby app from Overdrive is very useable and will do what the Axis app does as well.
- Having eBooks and eAudiobooks in one place makes it easier to find what you want.
- OverDrive allows eAudiobooks to be transferred to an MP3 player, a feature requested by many patrons.
- We can add "simultaneous-use" eAudiobooks in OverDrive, which gives us a collection of items that are always available, without the need for patrons to place holds. We currently have 100 such titles enabled on OverDrive.
- OverDrive gives us more options to manage the wait time for popular audiobooks. This can decrease the length of time patrons have to wait for a title.
In addition to the above benefits of this move:
We are doubling your checkouts, from six to 12.
We are doubling your holds, from five to 10.
With all of these considerations, we are hoping to provide an even better listening experience for our patrons. You can read more about the transition from Axis 360 to OverDrive here, but please let us know if you have any questions about OverDrive or Libby. We are happy to help!