Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Aug 27, 2014 Views: 1217
If you are going to the library in the next day or two and you want to pick up a book that's already checked in at the library, please call the branch and ask staff to hold the book for you.
We deliver to any Sonoma County, Lake or Mendocino Public Library! If a book, movie, or other item is not available at your branch, you can request it — also known as putting a hold on it, or reserving it. The book will be delivered to your branch within the next few days if it's checked in elsewhere.
- Find the item in the catalog.
- Once the computer is showing you the item you are interested in, click the Request Item button.
- The computer will then show you a page asking for your library card number and your four-digit PIN. Type in this information to log in to your account.
- The catalog will show a list of library branches. Click the one where you want to pick your item up. If you don't see the branch you want in the list, click the list of branches and use the mouse or the arrow keys to scroll up and down through it.
Once you are logged in, you can request more items without having to type your information again, until you log out or stop using the system for over five minutes. Exception: Links from the New at the Library lists currently require a separate login for each request.
You will be notified by phone call, email, or snail mail when the item comes in, so be sure that we have your correct contact information. Once an item is ready to be picked up, it will be held for you for ten days.
- How many items can be requested and on hold at any time?
I received a message that stated I had reached my maximum, however, the item I had attempted to request did post.
- Thanks for your comment. The most likely scenario is the system thought you double-clicked the button (or you actually did click it twice by mistake). When that happens, the first one goes through, and then the second one is returned as an error. Sorry for the confusion!