Answered By: Reference Staff Last Updated: Jun 27, 2019 Views: 5022
If your library card number and PIN don't seem to work, here are some common causes:
- Make sure you type the card number and PIN without spaces.
- Your library card number may have expired if you have not used your library card at all in several years. If you replaced your library card with a new card, you previous card number will no longer work.
- Our records may indicate a different PIN. Your PIN is usually the last four digits of your phone number at the time you applied for the library card, or your year of birth, unless you created a unique PIN.
- There may be a problem with the library's network—or your own network or device. Try again after a little while.
Most of these concerns can be identified and resolved by a phone call or visit to your library branch. Just let us know you're having trouble accessing your account and we'll help figure things out. For your privacy:
- In person, please make sure to bring your physical library card, the library’s app displaying your library card, or a photo ID.
- If you don’t have any of the above, or if you are calling by phone, you will need to provide your library card number and PIN in order to verify your account.