Answered By: Sandra Breedlove Last Updated: Mar 15, 2023 Views: 36
Answered By: Sandra Breedlove
Last Updated: Mar 15, 2023 Views: 36
As of May 1, 2023, the OverDrive app will be discontinued. OverDrive has announced that they are no longer supporting the OverDrive app and library patrons should make the switch to the Libby app.
- The Overdrive app, used on iOS, Android and some Windows devices, will no longer be available or supported beginning on May 1st.
- If you are using the OverDrive app on a Kindle Fire, you can continue to do so, while OverDrive works to make their Libby app compatible with the Kindle Fire.
- For patrons who use the legacy OverDrive app on their desktop computer to download eAudiobooks and transfer them to MP3 players; this software will remain for those who have already downloaded it and are using it. However, OverDrive is no longer supporting it, and it will no longer be available to download from OverDrive.
Learn how to switch to the Libby app:
To read more about this transition:
Some changes to the process for recommending an eBook or eAudiobook to the Library:
- The Recommend to Library (RTL) feature available in the OverDrive app and on the sonoma.overdrive.com site will also sunset on May 1st.
- Recommendations made by May 1st will still be visible and generate a hold when a recommended title is purchased by the library.
Do you want to recommend that the library purchase an eBook or eAudiobook? Find out how to use the Notify Me feature in the Libby app: https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/6260.htm